Tuesday, June 28, 2011


One of the many reasons that I avoid summer travel in Europe is because I hate crowds. Hate, hate, hate. I don't like fighting through throngs of tourists in an effort to try and enjoy my time abroad. This isn't to say that you won't still encounter a madhouse in the more popular cities or spots, but I promise you it will be far less mad than during high season. The proof is in the pictures.

Boat service between the Cinque Terre towns and some of the other picturesque fishing villages along this sunny swath of Italy typically starts in late spring and runs through the summer. But demand in spring can be pleasantly low. I was on this afternoon ferry from Lerici to Portovenere at like, three o'clock in the afternoon or so? And I was one of maybe four or five passengers total, tops. It was fantastic! A front and center window perch all to myself.

And that's Tigre there, at the bottom. Miss you, Tiger. Love to think about how much fun you must be having this summer, meeting and greeting the throngs at your little intersection.

Location: Portovenere, Italy ★

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails