Friday, January 20, 2012


My 2011 trips to the Italian and French Rivieras have now come and gone (and I'm still in the process of processing all the pretty pictures; taking my time to prolong the pleasure). But now I have the most amazing of destinations to look forward to: Santorini! I've never been to Greece and have dreamed of seeing Oia and its famous sunsets with my own eyes since, well, since I saw my first snapshot of this fabled island. Trips do come true, and I can't wait for this one, this spring. While I pass the days in between, it's breathtaking pictures like this one that inspire me to be there, explore, and find my own timeless vantage points to immortalize via my Nikon.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - aleycla - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Fira, Santorini (Greece) ★
Photo courtesy of aleycla

2 comments:

  1. *Sigh* so lucky to do so much traveling, Marisa! I got to go to Europe last year for the fourth time so I can't complain TOO much, but I'm always yearning for more! Have a BLAST in Santorini -- can't WAIT to see the photos!! :)

    http://annadeloresphoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! I am lucky, but that doesn't stop me from wishing I had the time and money to explore more, more often (: I actually have the time now, but not the other. One day ... I dream of taking a solid year to roam. That's my dream!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails