Sunday, September 26, 2010


Well, it's the first weekend of fall (or autumn, if you like) and I've been enjoying watching the robins gobbling up all the ripe little red berries on the bush-tree-thing outside from the comfort of my living room perch. They are hilarious. Always entertaining, I thought I'd see what their cousins across the pond look like at this time of year. Yes, it seems the same scene abroad. Though North American robins are much bigger and more burly than their UK relatives.

And while I was watching the birds, I thought, why not re-berry my blog so that I can feature larger format photos. Well, after hours of tinkering, I've settled on what you see today. Not so much finished as set aside, because I'm not entirely jazzed with the results. But with so much else to do before sundown Sunday, I figure I'd better leave it be and move on before it's too late to get anything else accomplished.

Plus, with my nose down in the computer, I've been missing the action outside with the berries and the birds ...

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - Wales Birder - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Wales, UK ★
Photo courtesy of Wales Birder

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails