Monday, October 27, 2008

Another place with really tall, modern buildings that I'd love to see (and photograph) with my own eyes is Dubai. I imagine it to be a more modern and constrained - but even further out there, somehow; at the same time - Las Vegas. Nowhere else (except elsewhere in the UAE and greater Middle East) is so much money being poured into building a modern Mecca to the luxe life. I actually have a friend who works for an American consulting firm, and he and his new wife recently moved to Dubai to live; it's where he's presently consulting. I really need to take advantage of that and go visit. Seeing as how expensive the hotels are (they're nearly all five-star operations), that might be the only way I'll ever get to experience Dubai. I gotta get on that before my friend's gig ends and they moves back to the States!

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - secretive - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Dubai, UAE ★
Photo courtesy of secretive

2 comments:

  1. hellow

    wt a nice pic !!! lol
    thx for adding my pic nd u hav to visit dubai as soon as possible :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to visit Dubai before too long. At least before my friend and his wife move back to the States!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails