Sunday, July 4, 2010


As a Bay Area native, the allure of the area is often lost on me. When you've spent decades in a place, born and raised, what makes it so special or interesting in the eyes of visitors has often long been lost on the locals. At any rate, I do from time to time try to rediscover my home and was happy to do so recently with my mother at the De Young Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. A picture-perfect day, if only I'd remembered or bothered to bring my camera along. I'm not certain, but I think the penguins were my mother's favorite. So, mom, this one (courtesy of HarshLight) is for you!

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - HarshLight - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: San Francisco, California ★
Photo courtesy of HarshLight

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails