Thursday, July 22, 2010


Back on our UNESCO tour, I thought a quick layover in the most serene city on the planet would be nice. It's my all-time favorite place, and wouldn't be surprised if it remains so, despite future travels far and wide. The destination I describe is, of course, the one and only, the original, Venice, Italy.

I intentionally selected an image for our delight from the beautiful body of work by Irene Suchocki. Her work is, in a word, delicious. I believe I first discovered her amazing photography on Etsy, and continue to follow along on Flickr. She's an incredible artist and I wish I had her eye and dreamy post-processing sense/abilities. While I like my own photographs and style just fine, I like hers immensely moreso. Her evocative images stir the soul and are, always, an inspiration.

Read more about the city of Venice and its lagoon here.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - IrenaS - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Venice, Italy ★
Photo courtesy of IrenaS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails