Monday, July 19, 2010


Well, if ever there was a site that should be considered and added pronto to the UNESCO World Heritage List it's the gorgeous medieval slate city of Piódão in Portugal. I mean, look at this picture. How incredible does this tiny town look? And the little white church? Too cute and delicious for words.

I've never been to Portugal, but you can bet that when I get there, Piódão will be at the top of my list of the first Portuguese cities to see!

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - nunorealinho - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Piódão, Portugal ★
Photo courtesy of nunorealinho

1 comment:

  1. Wow, indeed! That was my reaction, exactly, when I saw another shot of this Portuguese gem in a Budget Travel Magazine email newsletter for a story on "Hidden Corners of Europe" and that got me digging for similarly "Wow!" pics on Flickr.

    If you're interested in the BT piece, you can find it here: http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2010/07/13/AR2010071302473.html

    Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails