Thursday, November 20, 2008

Being a travel photographer, I come home with oodles of images, but not many of myself. And not many of other people, either. I feel very uncomfortable photographing unsuspecting strangers. It feels invasive, disrespectful, and generally wrong. Though I know many wonderful photographs come about this way for other, gutsier photogs than me. But whether it's a secret snapshot of a local, or a posed composition of a willing model like the one above, I do enjoy looking at other people's portaits from abroad. And this one, in particular, I find fantastic. What a wonderful, many-layered memory. Simply magnificent.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - thefeelion - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Romania ★
Photo courtesy of thefeelion

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails