Saturday, November 15, 2008

There's nothing like a good gaggle of gondolas. Don't you think? Oh man. Counting down the days - well, the months still, really - until my spring fling in Venezia. A city so close to my heart, it just seems wrong that I haven't been now in three years. Where does the time go? My friends there have two kids now, whom I will meet for the first time. Big changes. But the city, the city will no doubt have remained much the same. Renovations here and there, but the same sparkling city as ever. There's a new bridge spanning the Grand Canal and the clock in Piazza San Marco is finally open to the public; it's been under renovation on each of my four prior trips. And I've still not yet been on a gondola ride. So much to look forward to. Your pictures help. I can't wait.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographers - xchriscollinsx, westlife_bryan_forever, Danidrum, b_teresa, marco3253, marco.tortato, FJcuenca, omeister - if they are so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Venice, Italy ★
Photos (top to bottom) courtesy of xchriscollinsx, westlife_bryan_forever, Danidrum, b_teresa, marco3253, marco.tortato, FJcuenca, omeister

2 comments:

  1. Sure i'll comment, and thanks for featuring my photo!
    Venice was by far our favorite location in all of Italy. We would move there in a heartbeat if we could manage.
    This gondola ride for us was a bit crazy, seeing as we fit 6 people in one gondola! (there's 2 more on the camera end of this photo).
    These gondolas have one king/queen love seat, and then a few bench/stool type seats. So we switched it up every 15 minutes or so, so each couple could have a turn in the king/queen seat. All this chaos led to a photo such as this in the middle of one of the most romantic settings on Earth.
    Venice, LOVE IT!

    xchriscollinsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a TON of fun. I admire your bravery. Though I've never stepped foot in a gondola (yet) I have this fear of open water and falling in. I've actually had nightmares about falling into the downright dirty depths of the Venetian lagoon or one of the canals. So rocking the boat with six passengers isn't something I'd have the guts to do! But you and your travel companions sure made/make it look like lighthearted fun. I admire you that! The other reason I think this photo is so great is the expression on each person's face. It seems posed and personal all at the same time. Very nice! And I'm with you on moving to Venice in a heartbeat if it were manageable. I love that city, too.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails