Thursday, August 7, 2008

I find the intricate artwork of Iran, the Middle East, and North Africa so fascinating. And beautiful. The variations from place to place are wonderful, and the geometric Islamic influence or themes is just mesmerizing. This photograph is wonderful because it not only captures the beauty of the work being created; it also highlights and preserves the beauty of the process, itself.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - Alireza Teimoury - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Iran ★
Photo courtesy of Alireza Teimoury

4 comments:

  1. This is an incredible image! The details are so intricate and exact! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool, eh? Wish I had the patience (let alone the talent) for intricate work like that. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marisa
    thank you for sharing your thoughts about what you see with others.
    and about a day that I photographed this photo. I have never planed for my photography. I bring my camera to everywhere I go everyday and when I do photography when I see something interesting. That day me and my friend went to Esfahan (central city in Iran) Bazar to buy some Esfahan Art works (my friend lives in UK) and suddenly I saw a girl (you can see her hand in the photo) who paints on a plates (this art named Mina) in a Mina Shop
    she was really a master in this art. we simply became friends (just because I printed this photo for her) and that's a magic door that I mentioned in Filckr title for this photo

    Regards
    Alireza Teimoury

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thank you for providing more detail about the picture and the art form that the girl is working on. Very interesting. And I love hearing stories where photos lead to friendship. You are another person who reminds me how important it is - or at least how beneficial - to have a camera with one at all times. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails