Monday, August 25, 2008

Unfortunately, the one and only time I visited Chioggia I encountered the bone-buckling stares of a skinhead or two and, therefore, didn't end up exploring much or staying too long. I essentially did a lap down the main drag and back up a side canal and was on my way "home" to Venice proper. It was too bad, being that Chioggia is such a long lagoon ride from the center of Venice. The good thing is, a photo like this could just be the thing to inspire another visit and a second chance for Chioggia, for me. I would have very much liked to ramble through the streets, camera clicking, more. A lot more. Though I feel like I know Venice proper like the back of my hand, I can't envision a corner where a composition like this one would be possible. There might very well be such a place, but it does not spring to mind. I like to think that this artistic apparition might be unique to Chioggia, as Venetian as it seems. Wonderful, wonderful image.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - pjarc - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Venice (Chioggia), Italy ★
Photo courtesy of pjarc

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails