Thursday, August 12, 2010


I've been helping a friend of mine plan a trip to Amsterdam and was trying to explain to her why I wasn't particularly impressed with it on my one visit, several years back. I think it was due to the dreary weather I encountered, even though it was late April and, really, the height of spring. In my opinion, with overcast skies or in dark, wet weather, the city also feels dark. Looks it, too, as many of the buildings feature very dark, almost black, bricks or wood, or other building materials. As pictured here. Though, as pictured here, it is quite a charming place when the sun's out and the sky overhead is blue. I wish I'd seen Amsterdam in this light. I think I would have been much more enamored.

This photo has given me a desire to return and give the city another try, eventually. So thank you, camilaaa, for that! Great picture. Wish me luck with the weather.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - camilaaa - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Amsterdam, Holland ★
Photo courtesy of camilaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails