Tuesday, August 17, 2010


When in Italy, more than pasta or pizza and sometimes, dare I say it, even more than gelato, I crave bruschetta! Yes, bruschetta.

A good bruschetta can be great. So I learned at the little restaurant in Forio on the island of Ischia at La Mortella. There was no reason why it should be anything special, but the bruschetta there was, in a word, spectacular. All of the elements were fresh and bursting with flavor. It was so good, in point of fact, that my friends and I had to have a second order. We couldn't get enough of the stuff and I've never had another anywhere, not even elsewhere in Italy, that was so damn good. Though I keep testing, tasting, and hoping.

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - pixxiestails - if s/he is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Southern Italy ★
Photo courtesy of pixxiestails

2 comments:

  1. I am planning on going back to eat my way through Italy next summer with my husband. The food is all I have talked about since I left. I wish I could move there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a delicious plan.

    It's interesting - though I love Italian food, after a month of it (the longest I've stayed in Italy in a single go), I am done. It's all wonderful, but there's not enough variety to keep my palate happy past the four-week marker. After that, I start craving spicy Mexican food, Indian fare, Szechuan prawns ... most anything with a little kick and that doesn't involve pasta.

    Italian food is fantastic, but - for me at least - a wide variety of cuisine is the spice of life.

    All that said, I wish you and your husband a summer of good Italian eatin' in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails