Saturday, September 6, 2008


I used to commute to work on Bay Area Rapid Transit (known locally as BART) until I learned that taking a transbay bus is more affordable and efficient, for me. I don't particularly miss BART. Though the people are usually quiet, BART itself is shockingly loud. Upsettingly loud, really. The bus is much more pleasant and I get a twice daily view of San Francisco, its bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I would, however, miss taking the metro if I lived in Paris. I think. I'm sure it's just a romanticized foreigner's view, but I love the Paris metro and its stations. Though I haven't yet been to Prague, I look forward to sampling its underground and falling in love with it, perhaps, too. There's something wonderful about looking yourself in the eye or watching (okay, spying on) those around you as you glaze over, head turned toward the nearest window. It's part and parcel of the metro experience in any city, if you ask me (which you didn't, but I offered anyway).

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographers - stuartpinfold and pdux - if either is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: [top photo] Prague, Czech Republic ★
Photo courtesy of stuartpinfold

Location: [bottom photo] Paris, France ★
Photo courtesy of pdux

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails