Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's all Greek to me, and it's all όμορφος - beautiful! Or so Google Translate tells me. Anywho, not only are these signs wonderful, the pictures are too. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to go. To the studios, to the airport, or (preferably) to Iraio. What or wherever that is!

Your comments on this image are welcome, and encouraged! And a question for the photographer - melissamaples - if she is so inclined: Is there anything special about this moment, day, trip, or place beyond what you've shared on Flickr that you'd like to add or comment on here? Along with other vivaca visitors, I would love to know more!

Location: Greece ★
Photo courtesy of melissamaples

2 comments:

  1. I'm a she. Melissa is a girl name. :-)

    Yeah, this particular trip to Greece came at a time in my life when a lot was changing - I was lost in a lot of ways, and it wasn't until I got back home and got the photos developed that I noticed a large percentage of my photos were of signs. I think perhaps I was subconsciously looking for something to show me the way... ? Maybe. I've stopped trying to figure out why I do the things I do, especially where photography is concerned.

    Thank you for choosing to share my photos. I'm really glad you got something from them - it's always nice when my experiences and images can cross over and touch someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thank you for the gender catch. That paragraph is supposed to read "s/he" but somewhere along the way, about 20 posts lost the "s/"; made my blog seem quite the chauvinist showplace, eh?

    I like what you said about your pictures. I think it's really cool to come home and find a pattern like that in your pictures. Kinda profound. Or can be, as it seems it was for you. Very cool.

    Photography is a great way to reflect (on yourself, on life), don't you find? Especially when away from home.

    Great photos. Thanks again for sharing, and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails